This eloquently crafted warhammer is made of the purest adamantite steel and is intricately inlaid with runes of magical inscriptions around it's head. The True Striker of Torm appears to be a large, extra-heavy warhammer. A character that is less then 6' tall and with less then 18 strength will find it too unbalanced to wield properly in combat. However a character of sufficient size and strength will find that it functions as a warhammer +5 for purposes of damage, initiative and who or what can be hit by it, even though it doesn't get a bonus to attack rolls. Finally the True Striker of Torm does double (2d4+7 S-M/2d4+5 L) damage on any successful hit.
The true Striker of Torm has an alignment of Lawful Good and any evil aligned creatures/characters that try to handle or grab the war- hammer will immediately receive a 5d4 electrical shock (no saving throw for half, MR% rolls or immunities allowed) and will drop it from their grasp with sudden revulsion and hatred.
- Constantly radiates a Protection From Evil 10' Radius.
- Functions as a “Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location”.
- The wielder of the True Striker of Torm is 95% Psionically resistant per round, while in possession of the artifact.
- The wielder of the warhammer is rendered totally immune to all illusions and phantasms, while in possession of the artifact.
- Doubles the melee attacks of the wielder.
- Functions as a “ring of regeneration”.
- The True Striker of Torm projects a circle of power 20' in diameter when it is picked up and held. This power dispels all forms of direct hostile magic (Magic missile, Melf's acid arrow, Fire shield, etc.) of a level up to and including the wielder's experience level.
- The True Striker of Torm is highly resistant to all forms of magic for it reflects any spell (that is not dispelled by the artifact) that is cast at it or it's wielder back at the spell caster, including spells with an area of effect.
The True Striker of Torm was wielded by a long forgotten Paladin- King of Myth Drannor from the Age of Might. As with all artifacts there are inherent dangers in wielding the True Striker of Torm:
- The artifact causes the wielder to always attack the minions and followers of the evil gods of corruption and murder. However this can be avoided by making a successful unmodified saving throw vs. spell if the wielder is severely hurt or his duty & loyalty to his fellow adven turers is threatened by such actions.
Created by G.A. Whiteman for the the Great FidoNet Compendium.